Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summertime....and the livin's easy...

     That's what the old song says anyway.  I don't know about you, but summer is always busier for me than the routine of fall, winter, and spring.  People always say it's because the kids are out of school, but I can't use that excuse yet as I don't have any kids.
     I, like most, try to take a vacation or two in the summer months and this always seems to make time fly.  Then there are the barbeques, pool parties, hanging out with friends, and the millions of weddings and baby showers to attend.  It's no wonder by summer's end that we're all exhausted and so thankful for the cooler temps and normal routine to reconvene.
    
     But there is one thing I love about summer...  It seems rare anymore, but every once in a while a summer storm will come through and the heat will drop and you're left with a coolness in the air.  These are my favorite days of summer. 
     My car windows are rolled down and the tunes are cranked up.  I love the feel of the warm breeze in my face and the sounds and smells...a hint of rain, freshly cut grass, something cooking on the grill, kids playing outside, lightening bugs- it's magical!
    
     Those are the nights when life slows down and I switch my playlist to the classics. 


     Summertime.....and the livin's easy....



 

1 comment:

  1. Storm girl, eh? I agree - IF the heat drops! Hope you can switch your playlist soon. :)

    ReplyDelete